Hot off The Presses
Usually when we don’t like the way a guitar sounds, the first place we look is the pickups. After all, there are so many aftermarket pickups to choose from. They promise to make our guitars sound brighter, warmer, louder, or replicate the sound of a particular decade. The pickups translate the string vibration into electrical…
Guitar can be a part-time hobby or a lifetime pursuit. A few songs or a deep knowledge of the instrument. You choose.
- Do Pots Affect a Guitar’s Sound?Usually when we don’t like the way a guitar sounds, the first place we look is the pickups. After all, there are so many aftermarket pickups to choose … Continue reading Do Pots Affect a Guitar’s Sound?
- What is a Chord Progression?Chords are the foundation of Western music. Words and melody don’t become a song until there’s harmony in the mix. That’s what makes chordal instruments like guitar or … Continue reading What is a Chord Progression?
- Are American-Made Electric Guitars Better?A common argument on guitar forums all across the web revolves around American electric guitars. Are they really better than guitars made in other countries? Usually there are … Continue reading Are American-Made Electric Guitars Better?
- How Do You Practice Guitar With the Circle of Fifths?The circle of fifths is a divisive subject for guitar players, particularly those who haven’t studied jazz or classical music. Depending on who you ask, it’s either an … Continue reading How Do You Practice Guitar With the Circle of Fifths?
- What Are the Four Chord Extensions?Extended harmony takes all the fun of music and ruins it with a bunch of numbers. It’s also very important because it reveals the hidden link between chords … Continue reading What Are the Four Chord Extensions?
- Are G&L Guitars Good?There are so many boutique Fender-style guitars and basses around, it can be a little overwhelming trying to figure out what each brand has to offer. Compared with … Continue reading Are G&L Guitars Good?